During the period of August 25th through the 31st your Smithfield Fire Department responded to a total of 75 calls for service. Of those 54 were for medical emergencies, resulting in 50 transports to local hospitals.
Fire apparatus from all 3 firehouses was used for 75 responses.
- Engine 1 responded to 48 calls.
- Rescue 1 responded to 39 calls.
- Engine 2 responded to 33 calls.
- Rescue 2 responded to 27 calls.
- Ladder 1 responded to 5 calls.
Types of calls that fire apparatus responded to include.
- 1 rubbish fire
- 2 Smoke scares
- 54 EMS calls
- 1 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 1 Accidental alarm
- 8 Alarm system activations
- 1 Child locked in a vehicle
- 1 Person struck by a vehicle
The Fire Prevention Division conducted 3 resale smoke/carbon monoxide safety inspections, 2 residential rough inspection, 2 residential plan reviews, 1 tent inspection, 1 fire alarm final inspections, 1 commercial final inspections.