During the period of Sept. 8 through Sept. 14 the Smithfield Fire Department responded to a total of 112 calls for service. Of those, 64 were for medical emergencies, resulting in 54 transports to local hospitals.
Fire apparatus from all 3 firehouses was used for 112 responses.
- Engine 1 responded to 73 calls
- Rescue 1 responded to 51 calls.
- Engine 2 responded to 61 calls.
- Rescue 2 responded to 35 calls.
- Ladder 1 responded to 19 calls.
Types of calls that fire apparatus responded to include:
- 1 passenger vehicle fire in close proximity to a structure. Companies made a quick knockdown of the fire, preventing it from extending to the building.
- 1 Smoke scare
- 64 EMS calls
- 6 Motor Vehicle Accidents with injuries and 1 requiring extrication.
- 2 Motor Vehicle Accidents with no injuries.
- 2 Accidental or unintentional fire alarm activations.
- 25 Fire alarm system activations.
- 2 Flammable liquid spills
The Fire Prevention Division conducted 0 resale smoke/carbon monoxide safety inspections, 2 residential plan reviews, 1 fire alarm final inspections, 1 commercial final inspections, and 1 Public Education Detail.